Monday, November 21, 2011

Bodhisattva's Compassion




What's in the mind of a meditating Bodhisattva?
Sitting alone, in silence, each early morning, with closed eyes, one wishes:

May I radiate and meet with only infinite pity, sympathy, and compassion!

May I & all the various beings on the 31 levels of existence develop & find only this genuine gentleness of infinite pity, sympathy, and compassion!

May I & all beings on the sense-desire, fine-material, & the formless plane develop & encounter this tender infinite pity, sympathy, and compassion!

May I & all beings in the front, to the right, the back, the left & below
as above develop & xperience caring infinite pity, sympathy, & compassion!
May I & all beings in this city, country, and universe always be fully aware and deeply mindful of this warm infinite pity, sympathy, and compassion!
 
May I & all beings in this city, country, and universe examine all details & subtle aspects of this benevolent infinite pity, sympathy, and compassion!
 
May I & all beings in this city, country, & universe put enthusiastic effort in their praxis of this affectionate infinite pity, sympathy, & compassion!

May I & all beings in this city, country and universe find enraptured joy & jubilant gladness in this fond infinite pity, sympathy, and compassion!

May I & all beings in this city, country, & universe cultivate the tranquillity of quiet, silent, stilled, & endlessly merciful pity, sympathy, & compassion!
   
May I & all beings in this city, country and universe attain concentrated & absorbed one-pointedness by this infinite pity, sympathy, and compassion!

May I & all beings in this city, country, and universe dwell in imperturbable equanimity joined with this loving infinite pity, sympathy, and compassion...

Comment: All-Embracing Pity is the 2nd infinitely divine state (Appamaññā)

This gradually reduces all aggressiveness, cruelty, ferocity, viciousness,
rage, inner & outer violence, and unhappiness related with these states.
Joined with the 7 links to Awakening it will later cause formless jhānas...
Have a nice & noble day!

No comments:

Post a Comment